HOC member login

Message Board

Message board > Miscellaneous topics > Inland Waterways Safety Certificates

Message 3 of 3
Posted by member Richard Neale on Wednesday 18 April 2018

Thanks Kenny, will follow that link.

Add your comment

Message 2 of 3
Posted by member Kenny Clark on Wednesday 18 April 2018

Hi Richard,

I have only sailed Crinan Canal (9mls 14 locks) in Scotland. Short term use, up to a week no conditions really. Canal management do have right to inspect boat, refuse access if vessel deemed unsafe, short handed. There is a charge for using locks etc.

Check out this to site. This may be more relevant for your area for certification using waterways -https://www.boatsafetyscheme.org

Hope this helps.


Add your comment | ^Top

Message 1 of 3
Posted by member Richard Neale on Tuesday 17 April 2018

I've recently bought a Pilot 20SE which is berthed at Milford Haven and used in the Haven and on inshore waters. If I wished to do some inland rivers and canals will I need a safety test and certificate? If so are there likely to be any issues I shall have to address?
Richard Neale
Pipe Dream

Add your comment | ^Top

You must be logged in to post to the Hardy Motor Boat Owners Club message board. Click here to login in. If you're not yet a HOC member then why not join us today?